Position: Administrative Assistant (one-year Contract) Reports to: Executive Director
- Provides reception services for the building including, but not limited to, answering incoming calls and direction of general delivery voice-mail; dealing with inquiries and re-directing calls as appropriate; greeting and direction of all visitors.
- Responsible for proactively maintaining accurate, current information in database by updating regularly. Make changes to the database as needed or requested, adhering to organizational and departmental protocols with minimal error rate and timely completion.
- Manage mailings for the United Way Office, including but not limited to, letters and emails. Ensure mailings are executed professionally and timely.
- Prepare paper and electronic correspondence, reports, manuals, statistical records and other documents that are accurate, detailed, clean, and timely. Format, proofread, print, and assemble documents such as manuals, emails, letters, briefings, and presentations. Seek approvals and signatures when necessary.
- Extract data to include canned and custom reports. Analyze reports; identify basic trends; and brief results to UWLG team. Create charts, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations from extracted data.
- Keep staff well-informed of upcoming commitments through the development and coordination of a complex calendar, handling changes or cancellations as necessary and appropriate. Assist with preparation for meetings, including booking rooms, sending calendar invitations, managing attendance, and preparing materials. Provides staff with background information, meeting summaries, and/or supporting documents for appointments, meetings, and speaking engagements. Participate in key meetings and provide written synopsis for consumption by staff.
- Conduct internet and primary source research on companies and individuals that will bolster departmental and organizational efforts at donor and volunteer engagement.
- Handle the administration of mail merging, name tags, pledge cards, handouts, table tents, assembling materials, etc. Work closely with supervisor, staff, and volunteers to plan events and manage event registration.
- Receive incoming calls for the Office; determine the nature of the call; take appropriate messages; and ensure caller receives appropriate transfer when necessary. Provide professionalism when answering the phone and greeting visitors/volunteers. As requested, initiate phone calls to external and internal stakeholders, to include donors and community leaders, in support of United Way’s mission.
General Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative support to all UWLG team members and seasonal Campaign Representatives.
Youth to Youth Board Support
- Act as staff support for the UWLG’s Youth to Youth Board.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Administration, Social Services, Fundraising or related field.
- 2+ years of proven success in administrative support preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational and technical skills which facilitate the administrative and program functions of the United Way, either directly or through delegation of duties
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Very good relationship building abilities – internally and with clients
- Demonstration of professionalism - Tact, courtesy, diplomacy with the public.
- A strong team player.
- Computer literate – proficient in business software applications
- Ability to attend functions outside of normal business hours, as required