COVID-19 Relief Fund - United Way Leeds & Grenville
Application for Support
United Way Leeds & Grenville is committed to the most marginalized in our community and we recognize the increased risk and disadvantage that poverty creates. With this in mind, we will take a phased approach to disbursing the donations received through the Local Love Global Crisis Fund. This application has been designed to address the most pressing needs of those most marginalized (as determined by service providers) and support your efforts to meet immediate and basic needs. These funds will be available to registered charities serving marginalized community members in Leeds & Grenville.
You are eligible if your organization has a charitable number or has a formal partner sponsorship agreement with a registered charity (with its own CRA BN/registration number), and is central to the provision of supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19. The funds will be limited to services offered in Leeds & Grenville.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the duration of this public health crisis, and will be reviewed as they are received. We expect a high volume of requests, and will ensure that all requests are reviewed as quickly as possible. Initial applications will focus on response needs within a 3-month time frame. As more funds become available and further needs are identified, an additional phase may be developed and released to support longer-term needs.
To apply, please complete this form below. PLEASE LIMIT THE AMOUNT TO WHAT YOUR ORGANIZATION NEEDS IN THE SHORT TERM ($5,000 MAX). SHOULD MORE FUNDS BECOME AVAILABLE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO APPLY AGAIN FOR A SUBSEQUENT ROUND OF FUNDING.
Note: Our capacity to support in this time of need will depend on the generosity of our donors and partners, and the ability of the community to be generous during this difficult time.
Focus - Immediate needs unavailable through other means providing access to:
- Safe transportation
- Social and mental health supports
Eligible expenses could include:
- Adequate supply of food, cleaning supplies, personal items
- Delivery costs
- Adequate supply of medication
- Funds for check in calls, small gatherings as deemed safe by our local health officials
Other preparation and immediate need support will be considered criteria:
- Charitable organization serving those most marginalized by poverty and COVID 19
- Is focused on COVID 19 preparation and risk management
- Meets an immediate need
- Fills a gap
Social Distancing and Service Supports
- Support to shelter providers to provide accommodation and food to
- staff traveling from other areas to help
- help to distance the staff who are working with high risk individuals from their families, in order to increase safety and the capacity of service providers during COVID-19
- Support to service providers for additional wage costs during COVID-19 to hire temporary workers to cover what have been volunteer roles and/or to add hours to existing staff roles
- Support to service providers for exceptional circumstances to help increase social distancing and/or self-isolation of individuals with special needs during COVID 19
Eligible costs include
- accommodation costs; hotels, Airbnb, etc.
- food and personal items
- special accommodations i.e. disability related supports
United Way Leeds & Grenville will assess completed applications as soon as they are received. Due to the immediacy of the need, applications will be assessed on a first-come, first-served basis. For those who indicate they are addressing emergency needs of vulnerable, low-income individuals in their program or service, we will respond to every request until funding available is depleted. Depending on the number of applications received, United Way Leeds & Grenville may not be able to provide the full dollar amount requested or be able to fund every application. Depending on available funds, and the duration of this public health crisis, funding may be re-offered at a future date.
If you have any questions, please get in touch:
Christine Radford at 613-342-8889 ext. 31 or email@example.com
Trish Buote at 613-342-8889 ext. 30 or firstname.lastname@example.org